Theme: The Girl in the White Dress
Many writers draw their inspiration from art or images. This one captivated me, there are so many different stories that could be told from this one detailed picture.
Use this image as inspiration for your story, it can be the image as a whole, a single part of it or several elements inside the image itself. It can be good triumphing over evil or a white witch sacrificing herself, a fantasy wedding, a widow visiting her dead husband in a white dress or even just a model photoshoot crafted by an artists.
- A female (of any age) in a white dress
- An event/party/gathering
Word Count: 1,200
Please Note: Comments may be considered “published” in regards to other contest requirements.
Story Submission Rules:
- One story per author. You may post more than one but only the first story will qualify for voting.
- Stories must be in English, unpublished and your own work.
- Stories must fit into a single comment box and must stay within the word limit set for each contest.
Voting starts Wednesday morning at 10:00am PDT / 1:00pm EST / 11:30pm IST / 6:00pm WET/GMT/ 5:00am AEDT (Thursday) and ends the same time on Thursday / 5:00am AEDT (Friday).
- You may vote only once.
- You cannot vote for yourself.
To be included in the “writing prompt roster”, you must have submitted two stories in the last sixty days. The roster is alphabetical and can be found here.
See How to Participate for complete rules and disclaimers.