This post is for STORIES related to the writing prompt: “Urgency – your story must convey the sense of urgency in some way”, required items: a body of water. Critiques, comments and feedback are encouraged on the LinkedIn Comment Thread; non story comments here will be deleted.
The point of these friendly contests is to hone our craft and create successful stories within a predefined set of limitations. There is no monetary compensation.
Please Note: comments may be considered “published” in regards to other contest requirements.
All stories are fall under general copyright laws. No part may be reproduced without the express consent of the respective author.
Story Submission Rules:
- One story per author. Stories must be in English, unpublished and your own work.
- Stories must fit into a single comment box and must be under 1000 words.
- Voting starts Wednesday morning at 9:00am PST and ends at 9:00am PST on Thursday via email LIFlashFiction (at) gmail.com. Winner will be announced in the Comment and Story thread. You may vote only once and cannot vote for yourself.
- The winner shall name the next week’s writing prompt.
- In case of ties, co-winners may be announced and the moderator shall select a winner to name the theme.
- The winner has three days after the announcement to contact either Alice Nelson or Carrie Zylka via LIFlashFiction(at)gmail.com with the next theme/items of their choosing.
- See How to Participate for complete rules and disclaimers.