The LinkedIn Comment Thread can be found here.
This post is for STORIES related to the Contest Theme: “Spring,” which may be used in any of the following ways, or a combinations thereof.
1. Move or jump suddenly: Leap, bound, sprout, vault, hop, etc.
2. Arise from: Originate, derive, arise, stem, emanate, proceed, issue evolve, etc.
1. The season from March to May in the Northern Hemisphere or September to November in the Southern Hemisphere.
2. A resilient device; typically a metal coil or helix, used chiefly to exert constant tension or absorb movement.
Critiques, comments and feedback are encouraged on the LinkedIn Comment Thread; non story comments here will be deleted.
The point of these friendly contests is to hone our craft and create successful stories within a predefined set of limitations. There is no monetary compensation.
Please Note: comments may be considered “published” in regards to other contest requirements.
All stories are fall under general copyright laws. No part may be reproduced without the express consent of the respective author.
Story Submission Rules:
- One story per author. You may post more than one but only the first story will qualify for voting.
- Stories must be in English, unpublished and your own work.
- Stories must fit into a single comment box and must be under 1000 words.
Voting starts Wednesday morning at 9:00am PDT / 12:00pm EST / 10:30pm IST / 5:00pm WET/GMT/ 4:00am AEDT (Thursday) and ends the same time on Thursday / 4:00am AEDT (Friday).
- You may vote only once.
- You cannot vote for yourself.
***the next writing prompt will be chosen via the Writing Prompt Roster.
To be included in the “writing prompt roster”, you must have submitted two stories in the last three months. The roster is alphabetical and can be found here.
See How to Participate for complete rules and disclaimers.