We are looking for 5 amazing stories to highlight on the A Creative Mind Fiction Podcast during the month of October, 2016.
Requirements: must be an actual story, not just a scene. Other than that anything that falls within the horror genre is acceptable.
The point of this friendly contest is to hone our craft and create successful stories within a predefined set of limitations. There is no monetary compensation.
The benefit to showcasing your story on A Creative Mind Fiction Podcast is you reach a new demographic interested in short stories.
Please Note: comments may be considered “published” in regards to other contest requirements.
All stories are fall under general copyright laws. No part may be reproduced without the express consent of the respective author.
Story Submission Rules:
- One story per author.
- Stories must be in English, may be previously published but must be your own work.
- Stories must be under 1500 words.
- Story must be posted in the comments in this thread.
- Feedback/Critiques/Comments should be posted in the LinkedIn thread only. Comments other than actual stories below will be deleted.
- If your story includes extreme violence/language/nudity please indicated PG13, R, or NC17 at the beginning of the post.
- The top 5 stories (chosen by Alice & Carrie) will be highlighted on Saturdays in October during “ACM’s Horror Month”, remaining stories will be be given a chance to air their episode at a later date.
* note: since a podcast is a 100% listening experience, high quality audio is a requirement.
- You are welcome to read your own story. A pre & post script will be provided. Tips for getting the best audio sound at home can be found here.
- If you do not have recording capabilities we can schedule a call in which you will read it over the phone, and we will record it via Skype. Step by step instructions can be provided. Clear service or a LAN line is a must.
- Carrie/Alice are both happy to read your story for you.
Questions? Email LIFlashfiction (at) gmail.com
You can hear examples of the podcast here: